Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Forsaking Strawberries!!!!

I noticed the big tent from a couple blocks away.  Every year, about this time, I begin to search for it, knowing that it should pop up any day.  It calls me.  It beckons me.  It knows that I can not drive by without succumbing to the temptation.  And today, like every other time I see it, I stopped.  I gave it.  I could NOT help it.  They were calling out to me!!!

 I absolutely LOVE strawberries...almost to an unhealthy point!  Literally, I could have eaten the entire flat of strawberries in the car before I got home, but the little ones were with me and I wanted to show some self control!  And now the kids have that same intense love for strawberries.  Our family can go through 8 to 10 quarts of strawberries every week!


Aiden calls them "straw-bees"
People often ask me what food I missed the most when we were in Togo before.   I can unequivocally say, "STRAWBERRIES!".   I told John that this spring and summer I will have to eat all I can because it will be at least 2 years before I get them again.  

This morning I read this verse and it made me chuckle, "And everyone that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, (or strawberries!!!) for my name's sake, shall receive a hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life." Mt 19:29

So does that mean that I will receive a hundredfold worth of strawberries one day??  Will my plate at the Marriage Supper of the Lamb be piled high with bright red strawberries? Will I have a beautiful strawberry patch next to my mansion?  I don't know.  But I do know that as the Bible says just a few verses before that one, "With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible".  So can I forsake my beloved strawberries for the next couple years?  I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My family

My family