Monday, December 3, 2012

An unwelcomed guest

As I was hanging the laundry on the line today, I heard a comotion. It is the type of comotion that you recongize only if you've been here. It was the comotion that only one thing can cause. I walked around the side of the house to see 2 Togolese men on my front patio, perched with sticks in hand. I knew immediately what is was....a snake! I watched as they flushed it out of the bushes and it slithered across the threshold of our front door. It was getting closer to where I was standing when Atsutse (sounds like a-chew-chay----like when you sneeze!) hit it with his stick! He is now my hero because he found the snake where Aiden had been playing just a little while earlier.

Now it isn't a huge snake, but the other Togolese man, Gnoyi, that was there said it was venomous. Venomous or not....I did NOT like it!!

Honestly, up until this point, I was doing okay with some of my fears about being here with the kids. But as they were trying to get the snake, I wispered to the Lord, "Lord, this is too much, too early". One of the other missionaries said, "Maybe the Lord is just getting it all out of the way now!" Either way, the Lord is stretching me through this experience today. He is teaching me to trust.....but I must admit, I am having a hard time after having that snake at our house today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My family

My family