Thursday, November 8, 2012

A Sweet Homecoming

Well, this post is nearly 2 weeks late!  The last couple weeks have been wonderfully busy being back with the kids.

The morning of our flight, we got to the airport over 4 hours early!   I did not want to risk being late.  When we were in line to check in, one of the agent made us get out of line saying we were TOO early to check in.   We got out of line, but I told John that if that lady made us late it would not be pretty!!  Nothing would keep me from my kids!!

Our flight out of Paris was nearly an hour delayed.....and I started getting really nervous because I knew we did not have a long lay over in Chicago.  John kept reassuring me that we would make it, but I kept silently praying that we would make it home.   The 9 hour flight from Paris to Chicago seemed like an eternity.  We got to Chicago but had to get our luggage, re-check it and then go through customs.   It took FOREVER!!!  Poor John had to get tired of me asking, "Are you sure we will make it??"   Once we got through customs, we made a run for our gate.  We were hustling and when we got to our gate, they were boarding the last group!!!!  When we sat down,  I thanked the Lord for letting us make it.  About an hour and a half later, we landed in Des Moines and we headed to see our kids.   It was the most wonderful moment ever.  They had made signs in French (with Mamaw's help) and were holding them up for us!  We all ran to each other and just hugged and hugged.   It is a moment I will never forget.


    We are so blessed and so thankful to be back together again!


No comments:

Post a Comment

My family

My family