Monday, January 14, 2013

Christmas Eve Delivery

Wow, I am sorry it has been so long since my last post.  I guess things have gotten a little busier lately and I have slacked off!  I will try to catch up over the next few days!

On Christmas Eve, I along with another missionary Judy, Eliza and Olivia made a special delivery to a dear sweet Christian lady.  Maggie is just a wonderful woman who loves God and has such a desire to live for Him.  She works here on the compound with literature distribution and is an invaluable member of the Bible translation team that works to translate the Bile into tribal dialects.  Unfortunately,  she has severe diabetes and in Togo it is extremely difficult to live with that disease due to lack of protein and a very high carbohydrate diet. But the Lord has really blessed her with good health lately.

Judy and I talked and thought it would be a blessing to surprise her with a little gift.  So we took the girls to a little shop in the village and bought a box of goodies for her and her family.  It wasn't anything grand, but we were able to buy some canned fish and a few other things that we thought would help her and her family to have a special Christmas.

Heading back off the main road to Maggie's house. 
The girls love Maggie and were so excited!

Outside in the courtyard area where Maggie and her family live
visiting with her daughters.

When we got there Maggie was not home so we just left the box with her daughters.  Once again, as happens so often here, I was struck by just how blessed I am.  The girls were so excited to be able to give the gift.  It was such a sweet experience and I am glad the girls were able to go along. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

My family

My family