Monday, August 19, 2013

First Day of School

Some days it is still hard to believe that I am one of "those moms"! You know.....a homeschooling mom!  I know you are thinking, "Really Tabitha, you are a missionary....in Africa....with 4 kids.  You are one of THOSE moms!".  

When we faced the reality of homeschooling I must admit I was a bit nervous with the thought of teaching and very overwhelmed with all the options for curriculums.  But we prayed about  and dove into the books last December shortly after arriving on the field and had a great year.  And I can honestly say that I was looking forward to starting this year.  I am not the most patient person (ask my mother!) and I always feared "losing my patience" while teaching my own children.  And while there have been days where I closed up the books and said, "We are done for today. Go play outside", over all the Lord gave abundant grace and enabled me to do something that is totally outside of my nature.

Now, I am one of those moms looking for science projects and crafts and reading homeschooling blogs.  And I have to say, I LOVE IT!

 


And yes, they are all barefoot for school.  But hey, we live in Africa!

 
Thankful I get to spend all those special moments with these 3 little monkeys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My family

My family