Friday, August 31, 2012

The Hardest Goodbye

I know this is something that we chose. We decided that it would be best for the kids to stay with grandparents instead of another transition to living in France. They have gone through so much in the last 9 months. When we decided this I knew it would be hard.....but I had no idea it would be this hard. The thought of tomorrow, saying goodbye for 2 months to our 3 kids is simply breaking my heart.


I am trying to keep things in perspective though. I think of military families who endure months of separation from their children. I think of missionary families who had to send their children off to boarding school for months at a time. I think of mommies who have lost children and know that they would give anything to have just a 2 month separation. And I think of my Heavenly Father and His separation from His SON. But for me, right now, I just don't think my heart can carry this weight.



We prayed about it, and we felt like this was the best for the kids. So I keep telling myself, it is hard for me, but the best for them. And that is what us mommies do. We endure. We sacrifice. We hurt. We cry...for our children. Because we are mommies.


I know the Lord never asks us to do anything that He won't help us do. So today, right now, I am trusting HIM. Because I know I can NOT do this.


So now, as the tears keep coming and my heart feels like it will just break, I ask you to pray for my sweet little family. Beceause tomorrow will be the hardest goodbye.

1 comment:

  1. praying for your tomorrow... and all the tomorrows until your family is united again

    ReplyDelete

My family

My family