Thursday, September 6, 2012

1st Day of Class

We just finished our first full day of French classes and did a couple hours of homework.  All I can say is "WOW!!!".  The approach the proffesors take is quite interesting....no English!  It is true immersion.  99% of what they say is in French!   I have to listen very intently to understand. In our exercise books, the directions are in French so sometimes I have to pull out my French-English dictionary to even know what I am supposed to be doing!






 Thankfully, quite a bit of what I knew before is coming back.  But we sure have alot to learn.  It is a bit discouraging if you look too far ahead, so we are looking at one day at a time.  I have reminded myself many times today that with the Lord's help I can do this; however, if I try to do it in my own strength, I will surely fail!  SO thankful for the Lord's promises of grace and strength for each day and each circumstance we face.  I am also so thankful for all those who are praying for us.  Each day, I can feel the prayers of those back home.  We are so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My family

My family