Thursday, December 13, 2012

My Little Missionaries

Just off the hospital compound is a little strip of grass covered road side huts where you can buy bananas, onions, tomatoes, rice and a few others "groceries". We needed some bananas for lunch so I told the kids let talk a walk to the road. The girls immediately chimmed in, "Let's bring our Christmas tracts to pass out!!!!!". The day before we had picked up some French Christmas tracts at the print shop here on the compound and the kids were all so eager to pass them out. I couldn't refuse that request, so off to the road we went.....along with our tracts!

The girls just about ran the entire way!! They were so excited!!

Olivia giving a lady one of the Christmas tracts.

Even little Aiden got in on the action! He couldn't be out done by his big sisters.
Eliza and the sweet lady at the stand where we bought our bananas. She was just tickled when Eliza gave her the tract! You can see it in her hand!

It wasn't anything big, but it was something the kids could do to be involved. I couldn't help but think of the little tracts and the Scripture that they contain.

Isa 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

On the way back to the house, Olivia looked at me and said, "Mommy, we have a really 'portant' job here. We have to tell people about Jesus cause they don't know Him!"

1 comment:

  1. how precious....God knows even a "child's doings"...your children will keep your missionary vision alive in all your hearts! We love you and pray for you daily...give all the "kiddos" big hugs and kisses and tell them that grandpa is looking at his little sled and remembers when he rode them on it!! Memories...have a very, very Blessed Christmas! Our love and prayers, grandpa and grandma Haas...to the children...Brother Joe and Barbara to you both! Isa. 7:14

    ReplyDelete

My family

My family