Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Another goodbye



This last Saturday evening, we got together with some of my family from Richlands, NC.  It was so special to see them before we leave.  I am so thankful for the loving Christian family the Lord blessed me with.

These  2 men are so very special to me.  Growing up, I never had a grandfather so I always had a special place in my heart for my 2 great uncles, my Grandmother's brothers. I so vividly remember curling up in my Uncle Cecil's lap and him singing to me and spending hours in Uncle Edward's mechanic shop watching him work on cars while I drank an ice cold Pepsi from his Pepsi machine.  He always called me "tad pole". 



The older I get, the harder good byes get.  I think mainly because I realize that people like my 2 sweet uncles are getting older too.  But no matter how old I get, I will always love my uncles and will always be their little "tad pole".

No comments:

Post a Comment

My family

My family