Sunday, July 29, 2012

Be still my homeschooling heart!

A couple days ago, the kids and I came home from running some errands and this was waiting on our front porch. My heart immediately began to race in my chest!!! I am terrified of homeschooling. I have so much respect and admiration for home educators. Their passion and dedication to teaching their children simply amazes me. I do feel that we as parents should be the primary teachers for our children, but I have to admit....it terrifies me! Maybe if they were a little older it wouldn't be so daunting....but the thoughts of teaching them how to read and how to multiply nearly overwhelm me. I am praying even now that the Lord will guide me as I take on this huge responsibility! This is just one of many areas that I am learning to lean on the Lord for help.
I am terrified.....the girls, on the other hand are super excited that mommy is going to be their teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My family

My family